Our ministry responds to the challenges of changing times and changing needs in healthcare and the community. Care of the sick has changed much over the years since the first Sisters of the Little Company of Mary arrived in the United States. The journey our founding mothers walked was a journey of unconditional love. We seek to follow in their footsteps and serve all people with compassion, understanding, and concern.
While prayer for the suffering and dying is paramount, the Little Company of Mary Sisters are actively engaged in the works of the healing ministry in Evergreen Park, IL; Torrance,CA and Jasper, IN delivering compassionate care to all.
While our works are varied, our essential mission to carry the good news of Jesus to the world remains constant. Our Little Company of Mary Sisters use their God given gifts and talents in a variety of ways...
- Nurturing Hospice Nurses
- Certified Spiritual Directors
- Compassionate Hospital Visitors
- Dedicated Eucharistic Ministers
- Sensitive Adult Day Care Aides
- Humble Soup Kitchen Helpers
- Professional Addiction Counseling
- Concerned Telephone Ministry to Shut-Ins
- Caring Home Visits to Shut-Ins
- Helpful Food Pantry Worker
- Supportive Volunteer at Shelter for the Homeless
- Advocate for the Poor
- Prayerful presence and support to grieving families